The World Through New Eyes
Doncaster Remix is an ambitious & playful programme of arts events and commissions that takes the town as site & surface for new work. Using an open curatorial method, it creates an opportunity for people to propose & make new work. We want Doncaster in the public gaze, locally, nationally and internationally, we want to question how public art is viewed in Doncaster & beyond, to explore the ‘grit & grandeur’ of the town. We want to achieve an impactful project that enables people to feel agency and to present new viewpoints of Doncaster from diverse often unheard perspectives and new ways of experiencing the town as we consider a new green deal and life after lockdown.
- TRAFFORD WAY: major mural by Nomad Clan
- BAXTER PARK: urban art & growing refurbishment of Queen’s Road play area
- SYMPOSIUM: ‘What is Public Art & When is Art Public? (local to national reach)
- EXHIBITION at DARTS: Nomad Clan’s work & talent development
- COMMUNITY WORKER TRAINING: murals, urban art & creative growing
- MATTHEW ROSIER COMMISSION: exploring challenges of heritage & place